My Year of Prakash Raj

Some people spend a year
cooking Julia Child's recipes, or following all of the rules in the Bible, or reading books by people who spent a year doing something. My quest is to watch the 200-some films of South Indian character-actor-extraordinaire, Prakash Raj. (It'll probably take more than a year... and I'll post about some Prakash-less films here as well.)

Monday, July 4, 2011

Nag Panchami Film Fesssstival


August 4 is Nag Panchami, the "festival of snakes", and to celebrate this auspicious event, there will be a Film Fessssstival in filmi-blogland.  During the first two weeks in August, I and (I hope) other fans of the nagin/a genre will be blogging about our favorite snake-themed Indian films, and snake-themed scenes in films.

Once things get underway in August, I'll create a list of posts.  Folks can email me or tweet their links (#nagfilmfest seems like a good enough hashtag.) In the meantime, please feel free to post in the comments if you want to call "dibs" on a particular film or topic, or if you have a suggestion for a good nagin/a movie. If you are looking for inspiration, the BollyWHAT thread on Snake Films is a great place to start.
If you are curious about the Nag Panchami itself, I found all of these links very interesting:
                               

7 comments:

  1. SO in! I found a couple more nagin fillums in my collection that I totally need to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IN for at least that Mumaith Khan Punnami Nagu that I've been procrastinating on for at least a year now... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in, and have recruited jenni from Bollywhat for a special guest post!
    @Dolce - I'll be waiting to see what you make of Mumaith's snake film. I'll be writing about Chiru's film Punnami Nagu :)
    And maybe, just maybe, I'll confront my Jeetendra issues and pick one of his snakey snake-hipped salsa-ing appearances.
    Thanks Liz for organising! Temple

    ReplyDelete
  4. In! I promise at least one full film and perhaps some clip-related shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ness-I'm so impressed with your collection!

    @Dolce and Namak-oh yes, the Mumaith Khan film is perfect for late summer. And maybe Shahid will star in a nagina film in time for next year ;)

    @Temple - yay for Jenni, and can't wait to see what else you have in store.

    @Beth- clips are a nice concentrated dose of the snakey parts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love parkash raj acting

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I can find a legal film on the youtube BW list, I'll be in, but otherwise not... However, I'm looking forward to read the posts.

    ReplyDelete